Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Sunday, September 10, 2006

Goong



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What: Goong a.k.a. Palace a.k.a. Princess Hours
Which (Genre): Korean Drama
Who: Yoon Eun-Hye (Shin Chaegyung), Joo Ji-Hoon (Shin Goon/Lee Shin), Kim Jung-Hoon (Yul Goon / Lee Yul), Song Ji-Hyo (Min Hyo Rin)
When: Watching it again for the..4th time right now. Will be shown on Channel U soon. Real soon! Look out for it.

Why (I love it): Because of Shin (really, his appeal grows on you eventually). Heh, no, I'm not so shallow k to watch it based on actors only. I chanced upon Goong while browsing Youtube. The first time the title caught my eyes, I chose to overlook it. But, somehow, I read somewhere that Goong is an excellent drama. :)

I didn't regret my choice to start watching it. Never. In fact, Goong is my second most favourite Kdrama (after DJG).

Goong is actually adapted from a manhwa (comic) and three of the mains are once singers/models. They are 'green' actors/actress but their performance is commendable.

On YT, there are two obvious camps. One for Shin and the other for Yul. I'm proud to say... I'm in the Shin camp. You have to understand that Shin is the way he is cos he's been surpressed since young. As the crown prince, he is restricted from showing his emotions openly (thus, the many misunderstandings between him and Chaegyung).

Their love is complicated but sweet. There are many sweet, magical and funny moments between both of them. Makes the heart warm and fuzzy. Definitely.

I've influenced a fellow Kdrama addict to start watching Goong and apparently, she fell head over heels with the drama.

Lovely OST, original plot and splendid acting definitely makes a winner. Now, let's wait patiently for the grand arrival of Goong 2 in Feb 2007 (with the original casts, I hope).

For more Goong candies... Pls visit the Goong blogsite (in English) and here (in Korean, but it's the pics that count).

Soundtrack: I have a lot of faves from their OST. You'll feel more affinity if you've already watched Goong. But, if you are new to Goong, I think you'll love them all the same. Here are the Music Videos of my favourite Goong songs. BEWARE: Spoilers in the MVs. ;)

HowL & J - Perhaps Love



HowL - Parrot (Aeng moo sae)



Stay - I'm A Fool



Shim Tae Yoon - Nannulsaranghae




~The TV Addict Has Spoken @ 6:17 PM~

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment